Attention members of the Y Community,
YMCA Canberra has been closely monitoring updates relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and ACT Health for notifications and procedures. This currently impacts our services as indicated below. SERVICES OPEN:
- Chifley, Health and Wellness Centre - LIMITED SERVICES AVAILABLE from 2 June. Small group classes with a limited timetable are now available. Bookings are essential. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (02) 6281 0124 between the hours of 8am-12pm on Mondays and 9:30-10:30am on Tuesdays. SERVICES CLOSED:
Based on this advice and government announcements about non-essential services today, the following services were closed from Monday 23 March 2020 and will remain closed until further notice.
- The Paddle Hub – HIRE AND GROUP BOOKINGS CANCELLED
- Northside and Southside Fitness Classes – CANCELLED
- The Sailing Club – LOCATION AND EVENTS CLOSED
- Youth@Civic Drop-in Centre - CLOSED
- Ys Buys Op Shop - CLOSED
- YMCA Runners Club - CLOSED WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN'S SERVICES?
Many of you also have children who attend Y Early Learning Centres or Out of School Hours Care. As Australian Governments are providing specific direction on children's services we will create a separate incident for updates on these services so messages are clear and targeted. This may mean for some of you that you may sometimes receive two different alerts. HOW OFTEN WILL WE SEND UPDATES?
We will not provide daily updates but will keep you informed through SMS/email if there are any changes to the advice provided that impacts YMCA Services outside of closures indicated in this communication. Information about this incident is also live at https://status.ymcacanberra.org.au/
As these are forced closures, you will not be charged during this period. For gym members only, by booking into a class your membership will come off suspension. PREVENTATIVE MEASURES YOU CAN TAKE AT HOME
Please ensure everyone in your household continues to practice good hygiene, including:
- Carefully and regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into your arm or a tissue, bin the tissue, then wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid handshakes.
To help explain better hygiene practices the Australian Government has produced a helpful and short video series you can watch at https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-campaign-resources
We wish to acknowledge that this is a challenging situation and encourage our Y community to reach out to us if they need additional resources or support. To speak to one of our team members regarding your personal circumstance please call 02 6242 4040 during standard business hours. We are currently receiving a high volume of communications and appreciate your patience during this time.